Wednesday, October 6, 2010

The day after a good day

It is 10:04 pm as I start to write this post. Owen is still awake. It appears I disrupted some karmic balance in last night's post about our bed time routine. This morning, at about 7:40 am, he came running into our room--he discovered he could get out of his bed and go where he wants.

So tonight, the "daddy don't go" turned into running after daddy. He's not staying in his bed. He is adamant about going to the our "bigger" bed. We're at about 75 minutes of this now. Joanne subbed in for me about 40 minutes ago. I don't think it's over yet. He's also agitated enough to climb out of his crib, so that's not a threat.

Hmm... maybe I should have went about that differently.

Sophie had a decent day. Not quite as good as yesterday. So consistency is still something she needs to work on. I do think she's getting quite a bit of rest though. We'll see if Owen gets any tonight.

POSTSCRIPT: I subbed back in for Joanne at 10:15. We read some more with him on my lap. Didn't work. I read to him from a chair next to the bed (we have been using the crib as the side rail, so I moved that out of the way). Didn't work. So I gave in and waited for him to go to sleep, which was around 11. I took a little nap myself.
I left Owen's room after 1 am. Sophie did her normal somewhat awake/neediness between 2-6 am. Owen, after going to bed two hours later than normal made up for it by waking up 30 minutes earlier than usual. Outstanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment